Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Molly Ivins


Molly Ivins' plain spoken, straight- from -the -hip style is a breath of fresh air in a media world dominated by sanctimonious, pontificating blow-hards. May God bless her as she valiantly wages this third battle with breast cancer... and may she find peace knowing that her voice has been heard.

Molly Ivins

Stand up against the surge
January 11, 2007
The purpose of this old-fashioned newspaper crusade to stop the war is not to make George W. Bush look like the dumbest president ever. People have done dumber things. What were they thinking when they bought into the Bay of Pigs fiasco? How dumb was the Egypt-Suez war? How massively stupid was the entire war in Vietnam? Even at that, the challenge with this misbegotten adventure is that WE simply cannot let it continue...


E


4 Comments:

TomCat said...

Molly has an almost unique ability to cut to the chase and get it right.

Women on the Verge said...

She certainly does. It broke my heart when I heard she's gone home to die...

Anonymous said...

The "good die young" euphemism has no better example than Molly. She had the courage and talent to put into print what most of us may have in our gut but not the capability to express as eloquently as did she. A proper memorial would be to publish her columns/editorials in book (hopefully paperback) lest we forget her profundity..

Gene Bach said...

I am sorry she is as bad off as she is as I would be for anyone else. Personally I can't stand to read her columns, so I avoid them. My choice.

Shoot me your email address and I'll help you with the music player thing.