Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I Finally Figured It Out!


I finally figured out how to format my posts that may contain spoilers for TV shows or other media. Unbelievable how long it took me, I know, and annie and ramani did a wonderful job with the hacks. Annie deserves a huge hug for putting up with my bumbling. I really encourage you to visit their blogs for great hacks, info, and advice: http://bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com/ and http://hackosphere.blogspot.com/index.html.

From this point forward, any spoilers will be hidden behind the "Read More" link. An unfortunate glitch is that the link appears whether or not there something recorded there. To circumvent frustration from having you click on Read More and finding nothing more, we will indicate within the post when there actually is more. As soon as a fix is available I will spend several days swearing and bumbling trying to fix it.

So here's a test of the "Read More" link:

L
If you are reading this, it works.... If not, I've screwed it up again!

9 Comments:

pissed off patricia said...

It works!

Good for you!

Thank you so much for stopping by Morning Martini. Anyone owned by an animal is especially welcome. :)

TomCat said...

Thanks Lucy! Those links look interesting!

Not Your Mama said...

Thanks for the links. I'm hopelessly web-design impaired...now if I can actually figure out how to follow the instructions....

Women on the Verge said...

not your mama,
Even with the directions, I dealt with numerous issues and errors. All I can say is keep trying, eventually it will work out. And annie at blooger U is extremely helpful.
L

RUTH said...

Glad it works. I have awful problems with my blog. All the spacing goes haywire; get it all right then if I add a photo it's all haywire again. Sure there's something I could do with the HTML but it's another language to me.

Women on the Verge said...

ruth,
You might try taking a course on hplearningcenter.com. They have intro to web pages that introduces you to html. All free and really quite informative. Not that I'm an expert, but it at least gave me a place to start.
L

COLORADO BOB said...

Don't you love those light bulb moments.

RUTH said...

Thanks L; I'll look into that. I see other people who use the same template and theirs looks ok....and it's taking me so much time to publish something that looks half decent.
Rx

Libbys Blog said...

Thank you so much for giving us those links. I think they will come in very handy!!